Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Be a Cookie Hero


One of the best things about baking is that it combines two of my favorite hobbies: sugar and gardening. Okay, I'll admit that I don't always enjoy digging in the dirt, which is why I appreciate flowers when I get to play with them in icing.

My third favorite hobby is writing, so blogging about baking and decorating with flowers is a natural. Go figure that anything like this would ever fall into place. Ha.

Anyway, I was inspired by Wilton's garden colors and by some really cute cookies I saw on the web, so I decided to make some of my own.

To make these cookies:
  • cut out and bake sugar cookies
  • allow to cool
  • dip in very thin royal icing flavored heavily with lemon juice
  • allow to dry
  • decorate background with royal icing in a few of your favorite colors
  • allow to harden
  • pipe a half rose in pink and stem in green with buttercream or royal icing
  • pipe some buttercream or royal icing dots all around
  • deliver to your boss, mother and future mother-in-law
These cookies are beautiful and addictive.

Viola! You're a cookie hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment