One of the best things about baking is that it combines two of my favorite hobbies: sugar and gardening. Okay, I'll admit that I don't always enjoy digging in the dirt, which is why I appreciate flowers when I get to play with them in icing.
My third favorite hobby is writing, so blogging about baking and decorating with flowers is a natural. Go figure that anything like this would ever fall into place. Ha.
Anyway, I was inspired by Wilton's garden colors and by some really cute cookies I saw on the web, so I decided to make some of my own.
To make these cookies:
- cut out and bake sugar cookies
- allow to cool
- dip in very thin royal icing flavored heavily with lemon juice
- allow to dry
- decorate background with royal icing in a few of your favorite colors
- allow to harden
- pipe a half rose in pink and stem in green with buttercream or royal icing
- pipe some buttercream or royal icing dots all around
- deliver to your boss, mother and future mother-in-law
Viola! You're a cookie hero.